• Citizenship:  You can file the N-400 application to gain citizenship if you are a lawful permanent resident ("green card holder") and you have been a green card holder for 5 years.  If you became a permanent resident through marriage to a US Citizen, then you will be able to apply for citizenship after 3 years.  You must be able to pass a test and interview. 

  • Citizenship Through Your Parents:  Some children may derive citizenship through their parents or acquire citizenship even if they were born abroad. 

To discuss your circumstances, contact my office for a consultation.